Wednesday, April 30, 2014

All Things Glamorous: Curvy Craze!

By: Ambrea Curry

So, let's talk CURVY! Curvy women everywhere are letting their presence be known and we love it! It is now, not just a term, but an identity! It has given full figured women the confidence to embrace their bodies and love who God made them to be! In the past, the term full figured was looked down upon as an equivalent to the word FAT! The word many women were afraid of, yet some even embrace that term too. However, today full figured women are not only taking steps to gain and maintain confidence but to also be healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle. DIET??? Ummm, not so much. It has like a negative tone right LOL...., but lets just say eating healthier...#cleaneating. It has become an epidemic, which is definitely a good thing. I mean, who doesn't want to live long, witness their wildest dreams come true, and see and play with their future children etc.? I know I do! Anywho.. I have been an advocate for full figured beauty my entire life. I was, in my eyes, a first full figured beauty who was always confident. Sure people said things, but I paid them no mind... "Who are you?", were my exact thoughts! The same thoughts I believe a lot of curvy women have today.
 We dress different, and I say "we" because I don't want offend anyone with these next statements LOL. Don't worry, its all love. Now listen ladies, I know we've come to love our bodies, but there's nothing wrong with girdles, spanx, etc. You get the picture...nothing wrong at all. Most of the bodies we see in Elle, Vogue, or Essence magazine are achieved with a simple spanx. We've become so comfortable being curvy that we sometimes forget how to make our curvy look good on us. Every body shape is not for every article of clothing, figure out what works for you and make it look good! Take pride in how you look, you never know who's watching!

Keep Calm and LOVE YOUR CURVY!!
Check out these full figured/curvy women who make curvy look good on them!
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment