Monday, September 21, 2015

A Mommy Minute: Metro Detroit Moms Club: My Mission


By: Jessica Byrd

This past Saturday, The Moms Club had an awesome time at our second Meet and Greet at Detroit's new Outdoor Adventure Center. Their tagline; “bringing Up North Downtown” really serves its purpose. 

Many people asked me to share my story and mission for the Moms Club. The Moms Club was created after I had my son. Being a working professional with two children as a young woman, I struggled internally transitioning into motherhood. Outside it appeared I had it all together but I struggled with my new life, a life of less “me” time, “planned” girlfriend time and fitting my spouse into the equation was another struggle. I did have supporting family members but it appeared to me if I had supporting family members and still struggled, imagine those who have no one in to help them thought this journey called motherhood, that’s when Moms Club was born. To date I have fifty members. We host playdates, workshops, moms nights out and more!! I am looking forward to another year with these fabulous moms and learning more about them and from them. Here are a couple things I have gained so far from Moms Club:

1. Supporting Network: I can truly say that I have some amazing women in this group. I have gained a supportive group with mothers of all ages. We all share the struggles of parenting as well as gain something from each other. Parenting is a never ending job and we all openly share our experiences with each other without judging. 

2. Honorary Babysitters:  I have to admit, as the founder of this club, planning our playdates can get very stressful. At times, I feel like a one woman show, I engage in conversation with my members, take photos, host, and I bring my own two children along. At all of our playdates, another member always offers to watch my children while I am busy with hosting duties. 
    We all look out for each other, We’re all honorary babysitters, we’re all mothers, we all know the struggle.  

3. Role Models: These ladies are truly my role models, especially those with more than two children! These ladies show me on a daily basis the importance of this organization. We all have one main important goal -- to be the best “us” as possible, which will essentially allow us to become better mothers. I have members from all different walks of life, and it is truly inspiring to see young mothers become well rounded, and well grounded individuals. Our children are the future and we are our children’s first role 
model.


I am so excited for the future for The Moms Club. I am looking forward to more events, more learning, more motivating, and uplifting one another.  Thank you to all the Moms that came to the Meet and Greet! ~Being a mom is Fabulous!!!






View all the pictures from the playdate on our Facebook page! 








Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Metro Detroit Mom's Club and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment