Monday, December 7, 2015

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff! "Things that don't have a vision will perish"


Yesterday, my pastor mentioned something that stuck with me like glue! "Don't sweat the small stuff" I thought about times when I had sweat the small stuff with my children. Days their rooms weren't clean, I didn't finish their laundry, when my daughters' hair wasn't nice and neat, or my sons temper tantrums in the mall. All small things that have really stressed me out! Life is too busy and way too hectic as it is, to sweat small things. I've decided to let small things be that, small things! If I leave the house and my daughter hair isn't perfect despite me just combing it ten minutes ago, then oh well! If I didn't get to laundry as planned and the clothes havn't been folded in three days then oh well! As mothers we have busy lives and if we let it - small things can over take the bigger problems. So parents I challenge you for 2016 to not sweat the small stuff!!



Next, my pastor talked about having a vision for your life. While he was implying a personal vision I thought about a family vision. What is your family vision for 2016? Maybe it's Sunday family time, or incorporating a family budget, which means teaching your toddlers about money, or maybe it means no TV on certain days to really have quality time with your children. Create a family vision and stick to it for the new year, let everything you do be guided by your vision. My family's vision is being gentle with each other, becoming aware of our spending, and decreasing the use of electronics!!! What is your family vision?! I would love to hear!


Speaking of, "don't sweat the small stuff" on Saturday I was completely overwhelmed with my children so I took a day to myself! Boy was it needed! This weekend was very light as I caught up on me time and Rest!







Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of CHICMoms (formerly Detroit Moms Rock) and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!



No comments:

Post a Comment