Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Determination Allowed My Lifestyle Change





Determination Allowed My Lifestyle Change
By: Lulu Ogadinma

Ever since I could remember, I’ve been overweight. I got teased a lot
because of it. I even remember taking diet pills at the age of 11 years old. When I got to high school, my weight fluctuated only because I got a little active by jump roping everyday and I had the courage to join the shot put. I got down from 195 lbs to 175 lbs and that was my lowest. Little did I know that during my senior year of high school, I would get pregnant and my weight would shoot all the way up to 232 lbs in 2008. I stayed that size even after I gave birth, all the way till Feb 2013. Eventually I just got tired of being over weight. My weight issues caused me to have low self esteem and no confidence. I wanted to finally feel good about myself and I wanted to stop shopping at Lane Bryant and in the plus size section of every store. I was too young for that. I started researching what I should eat when trying to lose weight and that’s how I changed my diet. I now eat clean, meaning, cutting out processed foods, fast foods, pop, juice and white simple carbs. I only eat complex carbs, lean protein, egg whites, beans, veggies and some fruit.
I don’t eat too much fruit because it’s high in sugar, and I aim to drink a gallon of water daily. I started off doing cardio 5 to 6 times a week, 2 hours a day, and weight training 2 to 3 times a week. Now I’am 160 which is 72 lbs lighter from where I started. I feel so good about myself. What keeps me motivated is my followers on my social media pages. They tell me all the time how I am such of an inspiration I am to them and that motivates them to change their lifestyle. I love hearing that because it fuels me to go harder. I am currently going through ISSA to obtain my personal training certificate. I plan on being a motivational speaker that goes to schools and other places to share my story and help motivate young people to start their journey now. I also plan on starting a mentoring program that will focus on the body and mind for the ages 18 thru 24. My goal is to inspire and encourage young women to embrace a healthy lifestyle and promote high self esteem.My advice is to look at weight loss as a lifestyle change not something you have to do. Looking at it as something you have to do will cause you to get discouraged and when you don’t see results and then you will
give up. A lifestyle change is permanent so you’ll know that no
matter what happens, the weight will come off and its not something

that you will constantly think about.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Louise! You sure have come a long way! I wish you success in all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete