Wednesday, August 20, 2014

PENNY PINCHERS....

The DEAL BREAKER ** Ques dramatic music**.... dun Dun DUN......pet peeves, ultimate annoyances, these are not too common in friendships but MOST common in romantic relationships. What are deal breakers? Things that people do, bad habits or things will make you stop dating someone, break up, ignore phone calls, duck and dodge and completely dismiss said individual. In this post I will be sharing a personal deal breaker of mine along with my experience with this particular deal breaker ....The humor begins!!   


  CHEAPNESS!!!!

 I WILL NOT date a guy if he is cheap! Ladies I know i'm not the only one who feels this is a deal breaker, but if I am, i'm perfectly ok with that. When I say cheap I mean just that.. frugal, skimpy, prudent etc. I in NO way mean a guy should not have his priorities in order or manage his money and lifestyle according to his income, if he didn't, that would be irresponsible. For example, I went on one "date" with a guy and we met (on first dates I usually met them where we are going) at buffalo wild wings, which is already an inexpensive restaurant...Definitely his choice. During dinner he went on to tell me more about himself, likes, dislikes, you know first date talk... now its time to order. I told the waitress what I wanted..now its his turn to order, he was a tall, big guy and looked like he would've had an appetite but had the smallest order in the restaurant... I could say more but I wont..lets fast forward to after we finished eating... now its time for the bill. So.. because we were at one the least expensive restaurants EVER the bill was no more than $25 to $30 at most, which is extremely cheap for a "date". This man pulled out the money to pay and had almost the exact change, "I just know his is going to leave a tip right?"  goes through my head because I DO NOT believe in not tipping a waitress under any circumstance...with that being said  the waitress comes back with 25 cents as his change...he left no tip and GET THIS... he even took the 25 cents of the table too! That completely turned me off!

Ok so you're probably thinking how could I really conclude that he was, in fact, a cheap person from this one experience...hear me out! 


After leaving the restaurant I thought maybe I shouldn't be judgemental... maybe he's really not cheap so I'll give him another chance. Of course he asked me on a second date. A mutual friend ours suggested he and I go on a double date with her and her friend. It was a Saturday evening and I was just getting off work... My friend and I played phone tag to see what plans we had all came up with in hopes of having a fun night. My friend said "how about dinner and bowling?" I was starving so that sounded about right to me.. So I tell him what we had come up with and he was very hesitant, so I said "think about it" and called my girlfriend back. Meanwhile dude is calling her while she's on the phone with me.... #weird.. My friend comes back in the line and says while laughing hysterically "Oh My Gosh this is ________ on the phone and he's saying he's irritated because he doesn't want to do both.. it's "too much money".... so you know what my response was "ok no problem" and I took my self to dinner and a movie! Never talked to or heard from him again! If I could ask him a question it would be "Do I look like the type you can penny pinch with?" Not to mention, you pull that on the 2nd date... I had already let you slide on the first one..... SMH! Most men try to fake it until at least the 5th date LOL...PENNY PINCHERS ARE REAL FOLKS! So with those two experiences it was enough for me to conclude he was indeed a cheap guy and also to generalize that conclusion to the lifestyle he leads.



Hope you enjoyed the story and had a little laugh because it was very true but looking at a bigger picture, as the young woman that I am, God has blessed me to be able to take care of myself and maintain the lifestyle that my parents provided for me, as well as have the desire to want more. So its simple if you cant give me what I can give myself, more or at the very least push me to want more..whats the point? 


What are your deal breakers?









   





2 comments:

  1. The problem I have is that when I go with someone (a man) they have a job at first, then all of a sudden when I talk or go out with the guy again all of a sudden he do not have a job, like really I do not want any money from you. I would like for you to have your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL all of a sudden is right! If they only we just want them to have their own and be stable and in most cases thats good enough for us! Thanks for your feedback Chandra! Connect with us on IG : @theateamtalkshow

      Delete