Monday, June 29, 2015

Patience is Key


By: Jessica Byrd
 
I'm going to openly admit that I don't have the best of patience. It wasn't until I snapped on my son that I realized how important it is to have patience with your little ones. The day started off wrong. My son cried from the time he woke up to the time he was about to go to sleep! LITERALLY!! I was so overwhelmed and stressed at the moment and I allowed my low tolerance to get the best of me. I am now praying for patience and trying to work on having patience every day.

Here are some tips that help me with patience on days when my toddlers are out of hand.

1. Try to figure out what's wrong- Sometimes our children cry for no reason at all, other times it may be a lack of attention. I've noticed that sometimes my children just want a hug or some love. Going about our day trying to get our children in and out can sometimes make them feel unwanted, try to talk to your children and sneak in a hug or two even if you're having a busy day.

2. Find a good hide out place
- Yes I said it! If you tried everything and realized your children are just having a bad day, give yourself a breather. I like to take a 5 minute time out in the bathroom to gather my thoughts, pray and re-enter the situation

3. Find some soothing music
- It is nothing more irritating, to me, then a stressful car ride. One day my son cried the whole time in the car, I pulled over to soothe him but nothing worked. Then I put on some jazz and he calmed down and fell asleep, which brings me to the next point.

4. Try not to schedule things during your little ones nap time
- It sucks but we are truly on their schedule especially the younger ones. I've found that doing things when they are normally napping becomes even more stressful!

5. Find your own inner peace- After a horrible day I like to write in my journal and collect my thoughts! Find something that is a stress reliever for you.

**My weekends seemed booked everyday these days. This weekend was full of more weddings and my children really enjoyed their self at their friends birthday party!

 Inline image 1 
Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Metro Detroit Mom's Club and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment