Monday, November 23, 2015

A Mommy Minute: Fun Family Traditions For the Holidays!!!


I loveeeeee the holidays!!!! I know it's easy to get wrapped up in presents, turkeys, Christmas trees, and Santa Clause, but holidays means traditions!! It's the time of year where you can celebrate with your families, gather around the table, play games, and just have good old-fashioned fun!!! Here are some fun holiday traditions you can set for your family.
  1. Holiday Ornaments Last year, one of my coworkers had a holiday party and I thought this was the cutest thing. Her house was decorated with ornaments she had collected as a child. Each year when she was younger she picked one special ornament to hang on the tree and had to tell why that ornament was important to her. So simple! But it gets the children involved and it introduces values at a young age.  
  2.  Homemade Holiday Cards I like this, especially for toddlers. Every year, many people spend a lot of money on Christmas pictures, which I am a big fan of, but how cute would it be to send personalized cards to grandma and grandpa made from hand by their grandchildren. It's a wonderful keep sake that can be done yearly.
  3. A letter to God.  I know writing letters to Santa is popular but this year I will start a new tradition with my little ones. We will write a letter to God for all we're grateful for. I love this, it teaches our children gratitude. I will also participate and include in my letter things I learned and am grateful for. We will decorate the letter seal it up and secure them in a box. At the end of every year we will revisit our letters. I am looking forward to our letters to God this year!
Happy holidays everyone! This weekend the Byrd family went to the tree lighting in Downtown Detroit! It was crowded but my children really enjoyed it!!






 
-->

Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Detroit Moms Rock and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment