Monday, November 9, 2015

Breakfast With Toddlers: A Mommy Minute

In honor of all the mothers out there, especially working mothers that are on a strict schedule in the morning. This post is for you!!!!! I wake up at 6:17am every morning, after hitting the snooze button five times, to get my work day started and today just happened to be one of those frustrating mornings!! You know, the morning that both of your deanding toddlers decide to have a crying match and all you want them to do is get dressed for school. Thank God I have a good morning routine that allows an extra fifteen minutes every day for times like these. But more importantly, I'm happy that breakfast is usually always quick, simple and easy! Here are five of my mornings go-to's for my toddlers that make my mornings just that much easier!


1. Yogurt and English Muffin with jelly. My children loves this combination and it's so easy and takes hardly any time. If I have extra time in the morning I will make turkey sausages with this as well! 

2. Quakers oatmeal with brown sugar! My children 
love oatmeal. Usually I serve this with grapes and Orange Juice and they"re good to go!


3. Grilled cheese with fruit, usually strawberries! Another home run for my children and quick and simple! 


4. Eggs, toast, and a banana. This is as close as I get to a full breakfast on weekdays. Sometimes I will cook a link turkey sausage depending on if I have the extra 7 minutes to spare.

5. Peanut butter and jelly and fruit cup. What kid doesn't love peanut butter and jelly? And the fruit cups are like magic to my children.

Displaying Image-1.jpg


I hope this helped! Mornings can be hectic and you never know what moods you'll be dealing with, with your toddlers so being prepared with a quick and easy breakfast always helps! In addition, I start my mornings with devotionals that really ease my mind. Sometimes I don't have time to sit and eat with my children so I keep a pack of oatmeal at work, where I can enjoy my breakfast at peace!


This weekend is the moms and finance workshop and I'm so excited!!!!! We have four spots left for anyone interested? Email me at mrsjessicamarieb@gmail.com


Displaying Image-3.jpg





           Jessica M. Byrd
 is the parent of a two and one year old. 

She is the founder of Detroit Moms Rock and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment