Wednesday, November 4, 2015

LYP Fitness x The A Team Talk Show: The Body Goals Workout




For me, 2016 will be the year of 25th birthday trips to Cancun, Jamaica, Barbados, and anywhere else with warm, exotic scenery that warrants a banging body and when I picture myself on all these cool 25-year-old vacations, I can't help but think about the work I'll need to put in to reach my Body Goal. They say summer bodies are made in the winter, so, I have 2-3 months left to reach my 2016 Body Goals.

At one point in time, I was able to run 2 miles a day on a hilly New Jersey street, now, I'm lucky if I can lightly jog a mile on a treadmill without collapsing. Since I'm pretty much back at square one now, I had to make sure my body goal wasn't too intimidating, over ambitious, or unrealistic. Today, a lot of people's "body goals" mimick the hour glass, "what waist", vixen-esque body type that dominates pop culture, which is cool for women who inherently have that shape but every woman is different. Slim waists and big butts aren't in my genes (no pun intended) so I'd literally be killing myself trying to mold my body into a shape that I don't have. Part of determining my body goal was understanding my own body and in searching for a comfortable end result,  I've come to know myself as a top-heavy woman (duh) with a killer set of legs.

Based on that information, I've adopted Claire Sulmers, Editor In Cheif of Fashion Bomb Daily as my official Body goals. Her legs are EVERYTHING and she carries being top-heavy very well. I think with some motivation and hard work, I can definitely achieve my body goals.





Speaking of hard work and motivation, I've decided that one of the ways to help me stick to achieving my body goals, is to get other people in on it! I've already made a standing Saturday workout appointment with my friend Jessica, and now I've convinced our host Ambrea to workout with me on Sunday evenings. Now, i'm all about being in shape and getting fit but I am by no means a fitness expert. That's why we've enlisted the personal training/ fitness motivational Serves of LuLu + You Fitness!  As a Certified Fitness Trainer, Lulu healed her mind, body, and spirit through changing her diet, detoxing and cleansing, and prayer.
This past Sunday was The A Team Talk Show's first session with LuLu. After we sent her our weight goals, target areas etc. she designed this Body Goal workout for us:
20 Plate Swings
 30 second jump ropes
 10 floor chest presses
10 chest to ground push-ups
 30 second battle ropes
25 ball toss with squats
 20 jump floor taps
 and 20 downward dogs
Each exercise was done 2 times.
 

To go along with our Body Goals workout, we also received the  Lulu + You Fitness 7 day Jumpstart and meal diary with detox meal instructions, and the LPY (at home) Burn workout. 

Tune in to Move It Monday on the The A Team Talk Show every Monday to keep up with our fitness progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment