Monday, May 25, 2015

Say Goodbye to Mommy Guilt

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!!!

Over the weekend I took one day to hang with my girlfriends. Three of my college friends and myself drove to Grand Rapids for a Night of Neo Soul. While on the road I thought about how I almost declined this trip because of mommy guilt. I am so happy I didn't!! I kept talking myself out of the trip, then finally I told myself it's only one day and furthermore, I need it. As parents sometimes we have to take off our mommy hat and have some good ole fun. It is healthy for the soul and it allows you to step out of reality for a minute and become a regular person. Here's a couple ways to relax from mommy guilt:

1. Tell yourself you deserve a good time, and don't think twice about. If you haven't been out since your children were born, then relax its ok and I'm sure your children will be in one piece just for a day

2. Pack an extensive overnight bag, so you're not bothered by your babysitter if you forget something. This is the easiest way to make us feel bad as a parent. No one wants a call from the sitter because you forgot to pack a light jacket or an extra change of clothes, so make sure you over pack!!

3. FaceTime your children before your night begins, tell them you love them and you'll see them tomorrow. This always put my heart as ease and let's me know everything is just ok.

Mommy guilt is real!! As mothers our children are our fist priority but we can't forget about ourselves. A lot of times it allows us to step out of mommyville and come back refreshed! When is the last time you had time for yourself or girltime?



                                                              
                                

Me and my college friends!!!




















Inline image 1

Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Metro Detroit Mom's Club and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment