Monday, August 17, 2015

A Mommy Minute: Teaching Our Children About Faith And God

 By: Jessica Byrd

In a casual conversation with my friend we were discussing the characteristics of very well- mannered and successful individuals, we immediately focused on their childhood and the one thing we both agreed on was the importance of education, family support and faith. Yes, faith! Which proposed the question should we send our children to Christian based schools. My children are not attending Christian based schools only because I found a school that I believe was very keen on a childrens's education. I had a hard time finding a school that excelled in both areas and the one school I did find, a child couldn't attend until they turned 4.

Because I believe teaching faith and values at a young age is very important, I will supplement the teaching of faith at home. I found this great book on Christianbooks.com called Instant Bible Lessons for Preschoolers and I can't wait to start this curriculum with my children. It was only 9.99 and includes biblical teaching to teach your children values and morals while also teaching your children about God.


I will keep you guys posted about the lessons my little ones are learning!!!
Besides regular school lessons our children need to learn about faith, especially in today's time!

- This weekend, the children attended another barbecue with friends and enjoyed a Sunday brunch with family! Also my son learned how to climb out his crib which means a whole new set of problems!!!!








 
Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Metro Detroit Mom's Club and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment