Monday, October 26, 2015

A Mommy Minute with Jessica Byrd: God Knows Perfect Timing

 By: Jessica Byrd

God is really amazing! He knows our flaws, He knows our hearts and He's always right on time! I'm in the midst of starting a new career, and when I gave my previous job my two weeks notice, I had the option to go right back to work, or take those two weeks off. As tempting as it was to go straight back to work, I prayed ,and God told me to take a break. That was the best thing he could of ever told me. After I had my son, I went right back to work after only two weeks, and have been working ever since! Now, I'm on week two from my break and it has been an amazing relief.

I had time to actually spend the day time with my son, just me and him, since my daughter goes to school during the day. I almost cried watching my son play because I realized that our time together had been limited to after work hours and weekends. During this break, my son decided that he was ready to use the big boy potty! Perfect timing!

God knows everything there is to know about us. His timing is perfect, and we have to trust and believe that God always have our best interest at heart! It's easy to allow other things to lead us like money, but sometimes you just need a good break. I couldn't tell you the last time I had two weeks off, but what I can tell you is that it was something I desperately needed!

 When is the last time you had some time off? Are you overworking?! Do you have unused vacation days at work? If you can't take two weeks, start with ONE day. Vacation time doesn't always have to be used for trips, sometimes you need a day to just relax, be normal and enjoy the simplicity of life!

This weekend we went to ZooBoo, The Detroit Zoo’s annual “merry-not-scary” Halloween trick-or-treat trail through the front of the Zoo in Royal Oak, Mi. It was crowded and a bit overwhelming, but the children enjoyed it!




Displaying Image-2.jpg



Inline image 1 
Jessica M. Byrd is the parent of a two and one year old. 
She is the founder of Detroit Moms Rock! and believes 
every mother should live a life on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment