Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Last Days in September

By: Ayana Bryant-Weekes

Image by @geicogic on Instagram




I think there were about two and a half weeks left in September. My pastor, Bishop J. Drew Sheard along with my First Lady, Evangelist Karen Clark-Sheard, were fresh off of a trip to the Holy land of Jeruselem.  This particular Sunday, my pastor preached a message titled It Could Happen In September. I sat in my seat sarcastically thinking, there are maybe seven good days left in September, whatever it God is getting ready to do, doesn't have very much time left to happen. Looking back, I see how easily I let my faith get weak-- I am the daughter of the the Author of time and I had foolishly forgotten that He created more than my finite mind can even comprehend in seven days and took one of those days to kick His feet up! "It" could very well happen in September!

What is IT? What could happen? IT is the paradigm shift that pushes you into a new phase of life; a new season so to speak. Not too long after my Bishop preached that message, I shifted into a season I like to call "A Whole Lotta Church!" Pentecostal Explosion 2015 was the very next week and I would find myself going back and forth to a series of extra services for four days on top of normally scheduled services. Between being in the adult choir and youth choir, I was still a member, eager to see whatever was about to "happen" in September with just two days left in the month.


Over the next few days I witnessed my church family and I experience back to back to back worship encounters that I had never experienced in my 20+ years of membership. From praise and worship, to The Word, to the youth choir hosting their first Youth Explosion Musical that grossed 400 youth that night, my church was experiencing a shift. It felt like as those worship experiences intensified,  I was bombarded with good news from my friends and family. Small networking opportunities as new businesses ideas finally came into fruition, new marriages, new families, new ideas and new motivations! I finally saw "it". I jokingly (but slightly seriously) texted my best friend and told her that "the glow up" was finally happening!
GEI Young & Free Youth Explosion Musical
Image by @geiyoungandfree on IG


This past Sunday my Bishop preached a message called An Encounter With God from Genesis 28:16. The message recalled Jacob's first time away from home where he had his first encounter with God. I made a note of something my Bishop said that stood out to me "...this encounter sent Jacob away with new plans and new goals." I felt like maybe God had loosed the spirit of Jacob during this experience.
Bishop J. Drew Sheard

Evg. Karen Clark Sheard

The Shift Image by @geicogic on Instagram
The last days in September have been a lesson in God's timing, reassuring me that any time I felt I wasted, is no longer a factor. I've been sharing with my closest friends that I'm claiming 2016 to be a monumental year for us! If you have a goal or dream that you haven't begun to work towards, I'll share my anticipation for the new season with you! Evidence of change is all around us, THIS is the signal to take that first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment