Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dying to Fall In Love


By: Ayana Bryant-Weekes

Falling in love is an amazing feeling; thinking about a certain someone and smiling uncontrollably, the flutter of butterfly wings in your stomach when you see that person, the way the stress of life just seems to fade into the background when you hear their voice…. whether we want to admit it or not, the adrenaline rush that consumes us as we fall deeper in love, is something that we all daydream about in a lonely hour. As a single woman I find my thoughts sometimes drifting off, wondering where I’ll be when my next love story begins or what my next Beau is doing at this very moment and I can’t help but daydream about how our relationship dynamic will be, but most of all, I get excited about the thrill of falling in love again.  
A lot of us are longing to fall in love, to be swept off our feet and experience the feeling of being head-over-hills in love with the man or woman of our dreams but how far are we really willing to go to find that love? Are we willing to die for it? If I’m honest with myself, I really haven’t gone far enough; I haven’t gone to far enough lengths for the magnitude of love that I’m searching for and while I’m being honest, there’s only one way to find it.
            In today’s society it’s easy to feel loveless and paranoid. The feeling of “no one loves me” crept into my spirit. I was yearning to fall in love with something whether it was myself, my career, my family and friends, or my man (wherever he may be lol), but I was so jaded, I felt like no one deserved my love in return. With so much love to give, being stingy with it was doing more harm to me then good. God began to deal with me and show me that my idea of love was so wrong. At this present time, I am unlearning everything I thought I knew about love and working towards Christ’s definition of love, which requires me to fall in love with Him all over again: God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. 1 John 4:17 [MSG] At times it feels like I’m dying…and I am: Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified. Galatians 5:24  [MSG]
            So I’m dying to fall in love with my Savior all over again and by faith, I know I’ll find a love like no other.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome I appreciate the God in you! Keep writing much love & God bless!

    ReplyDelete